Graphic Design Job Description
TITLE: Graphic Designer CLASSIFICATION: Student
Based on experience: Starting at $13.00/hr for Graphic Designer
The Graphic Design staff develops, creates, produces and evaluates all publications for department staff. They assist with webpage design and maintenance. Additionally, the Graphic Design staff serves as a photographer for various classes and events sponsored by Undergraduate Academic Affairs.
The Graphic Design staff works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director for Educational Enrichment and works with other Undergraduate Academic Affairs staff members on various projects.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and produce flyers, brochures, posters, calendars, logos, etc. for department and division sponsored programs and events
- Communicate with outside printers to ensure proper preparation of files
- Assist with webpage design and maintenance
- Photography and Videography
- Serve as staff photographer or videographer for department-supported classes and events
- Edit photos and videos
- Administrative Duties
- Maintain open communication with Undergraduate Academic Affairs staff
- Establish and follow regular office hours
- Keep office in professional working order
- Assist with selection of new graphic designers
The Graphic Design staff will interact with professional staff in Undergraduate Academic Affairs and other Rutgers University departments.
The Graphic Design staff will be challenged with publication and printing deadlines. S/he must possess the ability to work with staff who are not versed in desktop publishing or website design. S/he should also be organized and able to work creatively with limited direction.
- Full-time matriculated Rutgers University student
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must be available to work two consecutive semesters
- Must be available to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and breaks as needed
- Skills strongly preferred include public relations experience and the ability to make decisions in stressful and challenging situations
- Experience with IBM computers and strong experience in IBM desktop publishing. Preferred experience with: Photo and video editing, Illustrator, In Design, Dreamweaver, Freehand, photography, and HTML
Please return application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 28, 2016