Job Posting: Graphic Design Intern
Company: New Jersey Center for Teaching and Learning
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Job Category: Curriculum
Status: Part Time Position- Flexible hourly
Starting Date: Immediately
About New Jersey Center for Teaching and Learning
The New Jersey Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is a fast growing organization that is dedicated to improving mathematics and science education. CTL is an independent, non-profit, 501 (c)3 organization that has developed two award winning programs: The Progressive Science Initiative (PSI) and the Progressive Mathematics Initiative (PMI). PSI and PMI offer a proven mathematics and science curriculum to best position students for success in the 21st Century. CTL is undergoing remarkable growth as an increasing number of school systems nationally and internationally recognize the benefits of PSI-PMI.
For more information about CTL and the PSI-PMI programs, visit www.njctl.org.
About the Position
The graphic design intern position requires working under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager to improve the appearance of all curriculum materials.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To enhance current course presentations via provided formatting guidelines
- To suggest and design formatting improvements for existing materials
- Quick turn-around times
- Continuous conversation with team members and adherence to deadlines
The above duties are representative of the position and are not all-inclusive.
- Recent College Graduate or current College Student with graphic design background
- Experience working in a virtual environment (i.e. using Google Docs, Skype, Google+, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work on his or her own, managing his or her own time
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Fluency with the use of SMART notebook or ability to learn quickly.
- Highly self motivated to work quickly and efficiently.
Please submit a resume along with a brief letter of interest expressing your design background and skills. In addition, please include a before and after work sample for a project that you have completed.
All applications and assignments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.